Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
summersrl
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

Jump to solution

I don't understand why the mods keep asking these questions. This is a long lived issue that has been documented for several years (my initial post on this is from 2018).  They never can explain why it happens. They finally just replaced my device. That solved the issue......

Tbirdmojo

Jump to solution

Seems this battery icon sticking on is a hardware error. 

I also have the same problems and I’ve also tried all the fixes. 

According to this thread, it appears ROKU Is replacing these units. 

May I get mine replaced also? 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Tbirdmojo wrote:

Seems this battery icon sticking on is a hardware error. 

I also have the same problems and I’ve also tried all the fixes. 

According to this thread, it appears ROKU Is replacing these units. 

May I get mine replaced also? 

Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R with your serial number. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Natiko
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just hope it’s not like mine where I was told I would have to contact my tv manufacturer who did not care at all.

Re: Battery icon

Jump to solution

Yes, battery icon won't go away. I did make it go away by following everyones instructions. Change batteries and pull power cord out for one minute. Battery icon went away.

0 Kudos
JonSF
Channel Surfer

Re: 55R625 - right corner battery level icon/overlay error displayed middle of show

Jump to solution

Have the same exact model and having the same exact issue. I emailed RokuDanny-R - he told me to contact TCL. Did that, and the woman on the chat gave me hard reset instructions. When I did, I was permanently stuck at the startup screen. She started to arrange to have a technician come to my house. While I was waiting, I unplugged the TV and plugged it back in - getting the TV to finally come back up. I haven't seen the issue re-occur (yet) but it happens so randomly, I doubt it's fixed.

She told me that TCL believes this to be a software issue. Not sure how a technician coming to my place would be able to "fix" that, but...

Anyone else have any other luck with this issue? Kinda shocking that it's been reported here for as long as it has... If it was a software issue, I'd think it woulda been fixed by one of the many updates that this set appears to get...

- Jon

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Remove remote battery life indicator on screen

Jump to solution

It's five days later after my initial post on this topic, I am still continually being spammed on my screen with a bogus low battery warning even though the batteries are working just fine, not once have any button presses on the remote failed to activate the Roku in the way it was supposed to. I am beyond annoyed at this point and it speaks volumes that nobody at Roku will even address this issue of not being able to turn off the low battery warning popping up on the screen.

This has become such an annoyance for me that it is making me question whether or not I want to purchase anymore Roku products in the future. You geniuses that designed this warning into the app need to create an option to turn it off! My batteries are working fine, so leave me alone and let me enjoy my videos!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remove remote battery life indicator on screen

Jump to solution

@Emissary35 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
polorb

Jump to solution

Remote message appeared every few days. Now it's appearing constantly and the TV screen freezes. I can't locate a way to contact Roku about this other than the community forum. From what I can tell from the community forum it's a common problem.  

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@polorb wrote:

Remote message appeared every few days. Now it's appearing constantly and the TV screen freezes. I can't locate a way to contact Roku about this other than the community forum. From what I can tell from the community forum it's a common problem.  

No, it's not a common problem. But for whatever reason there's a small number of users that have seen it. I have no idea if the problem is with the remote or the Roku, but my guess would be the remote. I only have three remotes that use WiFi Direct (the IR remotes can't communicate between the device and the remote), and I've never seen this with any of them. And all three use different model remotes, so I can't say if it's specific to a particular model of remote.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.