Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remotes stopped working

Three months ago, I purchased 5 Roku streaming + sticks for my house. Now 3 of the 5 remotes do not work. I watched one of them go from working to not working. I tried replacing the batteries and using the pairing button. They do not work. I know the sticks still work because I can control them using my iPhone, but the remotes do not work. This is terrible. How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remotes stopped working

@paulfischer60 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Danny,

I am having the same issue. I looked at the troubleshooting options and went through them but my remote is still not working.

is it possible to replace? 

0 Kudos
Level 20

It depends on the model of roku stick. If its 3500, no. Any newer model of stick you can purchase a replacement. Roku sold remotes are on backorder until sometime in late September. Just go to amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-RCAL7R-Voice-Remote-New/dp/B07WVFCKSS/ref=pd_ybh_a_39?_encoding=UTF8&psc...

Or go to your local Walmart or Best Buy. All sale the Roku Voice remote RC-AL7R. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Mbradley 

Thanks for the post.

What Roku model device are you having an issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos