Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LM8130
Level 8

Remotes not working

Jump to solution

I see that others have this same complaint.  All of my remotes have stopped working.  I bought new batteries, bought new remotes; I've tried every method recommended on this site and nothing works!  I cannot watch any one of my three tv's! This is the only company that I know of that has not made any arrangements for customers to reach them during the pandemic. Most all other companies in the U.S. and globally have set up methods by which to respond to customer needs.  I don't know about others in this community, but my Roku and my televisions are totally non-operational.  [post edited]

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remotes not working

Jump to solution

@LM8130 @dbowe @JNCT 

Thanks for the posts.

Some customer are reporting that after setting up their remote to control their TV again they were able to resolve the issue after the newest update.

We would recommend tying to set up your remote to control your TV by:
Settings -> Remotes & devices -> Remotes -> Remote (In use) -> Set up remote for TV control

For more information about setting up your TV controls with your remote, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@LM8130 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What model Roku devices are you using? You stated you purchased new remotes, which remotes did you purchase? Did the new remotes work at first or were you unable to use them when you got them? Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages? 

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LM8130
Level 8

Jump to solution
  • Some remotes worked initially and at some point they stopped.  I actually replaced one with a new one and was never able to get it to connect with the TV.  I have several and now I'm unsure which goes to which TV.  Although I've tried them all on each tv, none of them work at all.  Yes, I have tried all the troubleshooting steps including replacing batteries and even purchased a new one.   I’m unsure how to determine which models I’m using.  My vision is not excellent and providing numbers from the remotes may not be possible, however, I could send pictures of them.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@LM8130 

Thanks for the information.

Can you provide us with some clarification? Do you have Roku devices attached to your TVs or do you have Roku TVs? If you have Roku device can you let us know what the model numbers are? The information for each device can be found by accessing Settings > System > About.

Please feel free to upload a picture of the Roku devices and remotes.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LM8130
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku devices; none of them work for any of the TVs.

Serial #: VF00737009244

Serial #: YF009C422104

Serial #: YF00AF865473ROKU REMOTES.jpg

0 Kudos
dbowe
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem! My remote worked fine on my old tv. Just bought a new Sony Bravia, set it up today, and now the remote won't work. Went through all of the troubleshooting steps on the Roku site and it is still not pairing! Not being able to talk to a human being for support is INFURIATING!

TV: Sony Bravia KD-55X75CH

Roku: SN:CT3957831472

Please reply with a fix!

0 Kudos
JNCT
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue with Roku Premiere+, model 3921RW, serial # YH00CR258511, software 9.3.0 Build 4194-91, last update 8-8-2020.

TV is Sanyo (not smart), connection is HDMI.

Volume button on Roku no longer works. Tried all suggestions including hard and soft reset, re-pairing, trying different channels, etc. Nothing works although the product worked fine before.

I heard that Roku is having issues with volume over HDMI is this true? And how do I fix this other than switching to Chromecast?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@LM8130 @dbowe @JNCT 

Thanks for the posts.

Some customer are reporting that after setting up their remote to control their TV again they were able to resolve the issue after the newest update.

We would recommend tying to set up your remote to control your TV by:
Settings -> Remotes & devices -> Remotes -> Remote (In use) -> Set up remote for TV control

For more information about setting up your TV controls with your remote, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
JNCT
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have tried all channel under remote set up. I have tried re-pairing the remote as well as soft and hard reboots. Nothing works. Please note that regardless of whether I press the volume up or down button, the volume only increases. It will not decrease. 

0 Kudos
LM8130
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have done all of these things.

0 Kudos