Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sherik
Level 7

Remotes Not Recognized

We have three Roku Premiere units and the remotes for all three stopped working a few months ago, literally on the same day. I've tried repairing by pushing button on the back of the remote...nothing. I've resorted to using the remote on the app via my phone but now, to make matters worse, one of the Roku units is showing it's not connected. Because it's not connected, I cannot use the app remote. I've unplugged and rebooted...again nothing. So now I have 3 remotes that don't work and a unit I cannot connect because I don't have a remote to access the "settings menu" on the screen to connect. Help! 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remotes Not Recognized

Did you follow this procedure when you tried to re-pair your remote to the Roku?

1) Remove power from the Roku for a few seconds then plug back in. This will make the Roku receptive to the pairing request from the remote.

2) Open the remote's battery compartment and bring remote near the Roku . Trying from across the room may not be good enough.

3) When Roku has booted back up after step 1), press and hold pairing button in remote battery compartment for 3 seconds or more - a quick push won't do it.

4) LED in battery compartment should start flashing and continue to blink until the pairing is complete.

Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

The Premiere players all come with IR remotes. The Premiere+, some came with IR and some with WiFi Direct remotes. Both models will work with WiFi Direct remotes if you purchase them separately. And both will work with any Roku IR remote.

So, assuming your remotes are IR, there are only two possible problems, either the remote has failed, or there something blocking the line of sight between the remote and the Roku. First make sure that there's nothing in the way between your remote and the Roku that would block the IR signal. Now test the remote itself. You do this by looking at the front end of the remote through a smartphone camera while pressing any button on the remote. If you see a flashing light, the remote is fine. No flashing light, try new batteries. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Jddrinker
Level 8

Review my "Unresponsive enhanced remote fix?" post I made today. Review the results, see if yours behaves the same way. I'd be interested in knowing whether that setting works for you, too.

0 Kudos