Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jess3282
Level 7

Remote works but no volume

I purchased two Roku Streaming Stick+ today intending to install them on my two TVs.  I installed the first one and the remote paired and the voice command and keys all work, but I get no sound on the TV.  The volume on the TV is turned up.  I went through the suggested fixes, even taking the second remote and pairing it with the TV, but I get the same results.  Frustrating that I see the channels and can watch a show but have no volume.  Ideas on how to correct this situation??

0 Kudos
9 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Remote works but no volume

Have you tried the various Audio options from the Settings menu?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Pairing the wifi remote to streaming stick and programming it for your tv is two separate operations. 

Once its controlling the roku stick+, then go into settings> remote & devices> remote> remote in use> program tv> follow prompts

Edmund
0 Kudos
Jess3282
Level 7

I do that and it gives me the "do you hear music?" message.  I do not so I press "no" and my only choices are "try again" or "cancel".  Do I need to wait for a specified period of time to see if the music starts?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Do you have any remote that controls the tv volume? It has to be already set to level you actual hear the music if its down to zero or muted and you don't have a remote to control it you're out of luck? There should be volume keys on the tv itself? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Jess3282
Level 7

The TV remote controls the volume and it is already set at a high enough volume to be heard well enough.  I also adjusted the volume from the TV itself.  I have tried adjusting the volume on the Roku remote but that does not seem to make a difference.

0 Kudos
Jess3282
Level 7

Yes, those are all set to Auto and I have no reason to change it to anything else.

0 Kudos
Jess3282
Level 7

I installed the second Roku on my other TV and it went well, complete with volume.  I suspect there is something causing the problem on the first TV but I have no idea how to track that down.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Anything blocking the front of the tv? Like a soundbar or pictures? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Jess3282
Level 7

No, nothing blocking the front.

0 Kudos