Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goldie6175
Level 7

Remote working sporadically and will not connect to the internet (strong signal)

Hi.  Two of my remotes will not connect to the internet.  When I use the remote the buttons work and then stop and start again.  I have unplugged them from the wall, reset my modem and internet connection and done everything I can think of including some ideas on youtube.  Nothing is working.  Very frustrating!  They are clean, no spills on them.  I have six of them and the others work.  I have a strong signal and the other ones connect.  Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Remote working sporadically and will not connect to the internet (strong signal)

you didnt tell us which functions are compromised....

Anyway is anything blocking the lower part of the TV.

Anything blocking the Roku.

We need to know your hardware

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Goldie6175
Level 7

Re: Remote working sporadically and will not connect to the internet (strong signal)

The buttons will work then stop - then start - then stop.  It won't connect to the internet even though I have a strong signal.  I am using a ROKU streaming stick.  Worked fine until today -- on two TVs. 

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

the remote doesnt connect to the internet. The device the Router the TV maybe.

Do you have good line of sight to your Router?

New remotes are not very expensive you can get one from Roku, amazon

or even a Universal. You should talk to @Tivoburkee if he's around.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos