Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dydy530
Level 7

Remote won’t pair

The batteries in my remote died, so I switched to brand new batteries. The remote will not pair. I did all of the things suggested (took out batteries, unplugged roku, put batteries back in and held the sync button…etc). The green light never comes on. I’ve done all possible restarts multiple times. This is a new set up as this is the first time I’ve had to replace the batteries so I feel like this shouldn’t be an issue. I have my old remote and when I go to settings and remotes it says my remote is asleep, but nothing I do “wakes it up”. This is very annoying because I could just use my old remote but then I also need my tv remote for power and volume. It’s just a hassle. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote won’t pair

Can you list the model and number of the roku? Along with model number of the roku remotes? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dydy530
Level 7

It’s a Roku Ultra with the voice operated remote. My old remote, which is just a standard IR remote. The old one works, but the voice you have to pair and when I hold the button the light never comes on. It had been working fine 10mins before I decided to change the batteries because they were at 0%. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hello @dydy530

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
dydy530
Level 7

Thank you. When can I expect a solution?

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hello @dydy530

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos