Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote won't pair

First problem I have is when we turn on our Roku the roku word just flashes and nothing seems to connect. Pushed reset button and got the screen to reset controller and did everything roku said for troubleshooting but not working.

Have model 3500rw

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Remote won't pair

That's very old model and remotes don't last forever, unfortunately there isn't a replacement remote for the 3500 stick anymore. If there was the remote would cost $20, where you can get all new roku with remote for $30. Maybe even less, what is offered to you on this page:

https://my.roku.com/upgrade/

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 8

I have a Roku RC 41 model and it was working fine up until last night, I recharged the batteries, and it still won't pair at all, keeps flashing green light, the screen from Roku to pair it doesn't come on. There is something wrong on your end Roku, because even newer models are having the same problem, not pairing, there are dozens of complaints here about pairing. It used to pair quickly, now not at all now. Please fix this, it was working fine for years. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Murphylcsa4 

Thanks for the note.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jetprop8 

Thanks for the note.

What Roku model device are you trying to pair your remote?

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here: 
How do I resolve problems with my Roku IR (infrared) remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos