Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gurn
Reel Rookie

Remote won’t pair light blinking but stuck on pair your remote screen

I just got Roku.  Have done all the trouble shooting.  Pairing light is blinking but I’m stuck on Pair your remote screen.  Nothing works.  It won’t connect to remote.  

46 REPLIES 46
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Remote won’t pair light blinking but stuck on pair your remote screen

1) Pull the batteries from the remote.

2) Factory Reset the Roku (hold the reset button in for 45 seconds with the power on)

3) When it gets to the pairing screen, put the batteries in the remote and hold it an inch or two away from the Roku (just hold it there for a minute).

Repeat this process a few times (but instead of doing the Factory Reset, just reboot the Roku by pulling the power from it).

If it still wont pair, return/refund/exchange.

Same deal. I've reset and unplugged and continue to be stuck on the pairing screen. Funny thing is, it worked when I first set it up, then once the power went off and back on it no longer worked

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@cschoward11

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
voilet9098
Channel Surfer

I have similar issue and I have tried all the steps listed in the support docs including hard reset etc. still when my roku stick boots up, I see select language screen and immediately it jumps to pair your remote and its stuck there. 

Here is the SN S08y4193uwro - model - 3820X  

TY

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@voilet9098

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How is your Roku device being powered? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? Have you put new batteries in the remote? When you are directed to pair your remote, do you follow the steps shown on screen?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
voilet9098
Channel Surfer

My Roku is plugged into wall. I have tried resetting Roku multiple times using reset button without any luck. I have two remotes rechargeable and battery one and both are fully charged/new pair of batteries. I have followed instructions to reset Roku, put batteries on once Roku reboots, press pair button on remote for 20-40 seconds, both the remote blinks but Roku is stuck on pairing screen. I am not able to operate my Roku. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@voilet9098 

Are you using the included usb cable with bump in it? The remote actually communicates with long range receiver and not the roku stick, without it no pairing. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
voilet9098
Channel Surfer

Yes I am using included USB cable. Thanks

0 Kudos
JEHLKH

I am doing everything suggested on the website and above including buying a new remote and still . . . Nothing.  The new remote behaves the exact same way.  Just continues to blink and won’t pair.  I am getting frustrated.

0 Kudos