Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Murren

Remote won’t control volume and is there no mute button

I just posted and now have hd quality, but the remote won’t control volume. Everything else works fine. Is there no mute button or how do you mute. The fire stick which I hated had a mute button 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote won’t control volume and is there no mute button

New Roku's are shipping with remote with Mute Key, which just released least year, if its old stock it could come with remote without a mute key. The Tv controls like power and volume are only on wifi remotes, they have to be programmed for the tv to work:

settings> remote & devices> remotes> remote in use> program tv controls

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092

@Murren wrote:

I just posted and now have hd quality, but the remote won’t control volume. Everything else works fine. Is there no mute button or how do you mute. The fire stick which I hated had a mute button 

What model Roku player do you have? The older remotes with volume could only control the volume via CEC. They were not IR capable for configuring to control a TV. My Ultra 4640 has such a remote, and it controls my Yamaha AVR volume without a problem. But it too has no mute button. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Not one question about a ROKU REMOTE with NO MUTE BUTTON is answered on the ROKU site with resolve to muting a device!  Why can’t ROKU step up to this problem?  ROKU clearly shipped REMOTES with NO MUTE BUTTONS.  We, the consumer, need an absolute answer giving us the ability to MUTE with ROKU’S REMOTE!

Thank you!! #roku #remote #mutebutton #nomutebutton 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

@MaximusAurelius 

If you have an old model of Roku, or purchased an old model of Roku that doesn't have a Mute key it's not suddenly going to grow a mute key? You can be sure ALL current models that have a Wifi remote have mute keys along with tv power and volume. Roku IR remotes do not have volume nor mute. 

Edmund

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos