Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJM15TX
Level 7

Remote will not connect

Remote stopped working, changed batteries, tried cycling the power off and on then putting the batteries back in the remote. Bought a new remote, it has the same issue and will not connect. Downloaded the app and the remote on it works fine.

What am I doing wrong with these remotes?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RANDY2054
Level 7

Re: Remote will not connect

I HAVE THE SAME PRPBLEM WITH A 3600X,OLD REMOTE WOULD NOT WORK, SO I BOUGHT NEW REMOTE SAME PROBLEM, ANY SUGGESSTIONS ARE APPRECIATED

atc98092
Level 17

@DJM15TX wrote:
Remote stopped working, changed batteries, tried cycling the power off and on then putting the batteries back in the remote. Bought a new remote, it has the same issue and will not connect. Downloaded the app and the remote on it works fine.

What am I doing wrong with these remotes?

What model Roku do you have? Model number, not the name, please. Some remotes use IR only, some use WiFi Direct, which requires pairing to the player (although if it was working before it usually doesn't require a re-pair) and a couple of really old players used Bluetooth.

If it's an IR only remote, remember you have to have a clear line of sight between the remote and the Roku. If something is blocking the view, it won't work. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 17

@RANDY2054 wrote:

I HAVE THE SAME PRPBLEM WITH A 3600X,OLD REMOTE WOULD NOT WORK, SO I BOUGHT NEW REMOTE SAME PROBLEM, ANY SUGGESSTIONS ARE APPRECIATED

The 3600 is the black Stick. I have one myself. It uses WiFi Direct only (no IR support) so the remote must be paired to the player. Open the remote battery cover and find the button near the bottom of the remote. If there's no button, you have the wrong remote for the Stick. Press the button until the light comes on, and it should pair with the Roku Stick. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos