Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seth0122

Remote volume control AVR?

Jump to solution

Roku Express+ (3910 series)  My roku remote won’t control the volume of my yamaha sound at even if i click the Yamaha pairing selection. Does roku support yamaha volume control?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote volume control

Jump to solution

Not directly, no. Roku remotes control the tv volume only. It is upto the tv to control the av receivers volume by hdmi-cec. Has nothing to do with yamaha, it doesn't control any brand of av receiver or soundbars. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Not directly, no. Roku remotes control the tv volume only. It is upto the tv to control the av receivers volume by hdmi-cec. Has nothing to do with yamaha, it doesn't control any brand of av receiver or soundbars. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rickalan

Jump to solution

It's very disappointing that you sell a product designed for home entertainment environments and don't deal at all with the one component that many, if not most, people have as a part of their system - the A/V receiver.  It makes the volume buttons, for instance, useless on the remote and forces us to use multiple remotes to run our system.  The Roku remote can't deal with the AVR and the AVR remote can't deal with Roku.  And my Logitech universal remote can't replicate the controls of the Roku remote.  Is there any way around this?