Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianF
Reel Rookie

Remote up-arrow malfunction. How to get a warranty replacement?

If I had known that ROKU support was non-existent I would have bought something else. Anyway my remote's up arrow does not work. How do I get a warranty replacement? My device is less than 1 month old. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote up-arrow malfunction. How to get a warranty replacement?

@BrianF 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
BrianF
Reel Rookie

PM sent. 

0 Kudos
BrianF
Reel Rookie

I have a question. Is the term "up-arrow" translated to "battery drain" in the Hindu language? 

This is the email I received from support after reporting my "up-arrow" issue with my remote:

CS/CH-Karthikeyan Elumalai, Jan 30, 2021, 18:54 PST:

Hello Brian,

Thank you for letting us know about the remote battery drain issue you are experiencing. Our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely, however we would like to request your assistance to further identify the cause of the problem.

If the USB Cable from your Streaming Stick is currently connected to the USB port on your TV, we would like to request that you connect the USB cable directly to a wall outlet or power strip via the USB power adapter that was included with your device. This will help us in diagnosing the issue further

Once you have connected your USB cable connected to the Streaming Stick to a wall outlet or power strip, we would like to ask that you perform the below steps:

1.    Remove the batteries from your remote that is experiencing this issue
2.    Restart your Roku Streaming Stick by unplugging the device from the USB power connection for 10 seconds before plugging it back in
3.    After the Roku Home Screen appears again, reinsert the batteries and continue usage as normal
4.    Let us know if you continue to see the issue and if so, the frequency of which it occurs

In case of issue persistence, please help us with the following information so that we could assist you better with the issue:

• May I know how you determine that the batteries are draining?
  • Do you see a low battery icon on the Roku home screen?
  • Once you replace the batteries, are you repairing the remote?
  • If you put the same pair of batteries back in, is the remote working?
  • Do the same batteries not work in any other device?
  • The part number on the Roku remote, you can find it once you remove the batteries on the remote. The part number starts with RC

We appreciate your help in further investigating this issue and hope to have more information to share soon.

If you have any questions or concerns around these steps, please let us know.

Regards,
Patrick
Roku Customer Support
0 Kudos
john-s1

i think my battery is not working correctly 

cant find where to file warranty

ordered new one two weeks ago got charged but no remote !

0 Kudos