Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote that comes with Express+

We got an upgrade offer for a discount because our Roku is too old... I compared the new devices on the website and decided on the Express+
According to the website this device is supposed to come with a remote that is voice control, can control the tv, etc...the remote that came in the box is the basic remote without the extra features.
I double checked the website tonight and sure enough the Express+ should have the upgraded remote.
I’ve tried contacting Roku and keep getting routed back to the community pages.
Any ideas????
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 13

Re: Remote that comes with Express+

Sorry, but no, the offer is for 2018 express + that comes with IR only remote, no voice search, or tv power & volume. Not that 2018 express + can't be used with remote with those features, its just not included. Smiley Sad

And 2019 express + with upgraded remote is a Walmart exclusive.

0 Kudos

Hmmm...my offer says absolutely NOTHING about it being the Express+ 2018...that really makes me upset. The “compare” tool says NOTHING about it being a “Walmart exclusive”. Wish I could actually speak with someone from Roku. Not happy. I would have used my discount coupon on a different model. **bleep** business practice.
0 Kudos

Seriously “beeping” out??? I didn’t use a “bad” word...
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 13

https://www.roku.com/products/players

In the above link after 2019 line up, and below sound bar, its written RETAIL EXCLUSIVES. That's where the new 2019 Express + is, below those are classics, which includes the 2018 express +.

0 Kudos