Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marty9879
Level 7

Remote swap question help required

The remote that came with my Roku device does not have the volume control on the side therefore I am unable to adjust volume. I was given another remote that does have the volume control but doesn't react when my Roku is active. Is there a way to make the + volume remote my main ??

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote swap question help required

@marty9879 

Assuming your second remote given to you is a Roku Voice Control remote.  You first need to pair it to your Roku device and then proceed to set it up to control your TV controls (power, volume control)

Here is Roku info link re: remote pairing setup and further down on page is how to setup for your TV.

https://support.roku.com/article/360011621473

Post back with an update or if you need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.

0 Kudos
MilesT
Level 9

Not all Roku devices support volume control.

And remote can't be configured for some TVs.

One4All have a specific model which supports non-volume IR Roku out of the box and can also control a wide range of TVs for volume (but not control Roku for volume). 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@marty9879 wrote:

The remote that came with my Roku device does not have the volume control on the side therefore I am unable to adjust volume. I was given another remote that does have the volume control but doesn't react when my Roku is active. Is there a way to make the + volume remote my main ??

What's the device? What remote did you get?

Some Roku devices come with simple IR remotes. Roku calls theirs "Simple Remote." Other Roku devices come with WiFi Direct remotes. Older high-end Roku devices and Sticks came with those, and they didn't have volume buttons. More recent Sticks and mid- to high-end Roku devices have come with those for a couple of years or so.

And then there are Roku TVs.

So, which device do you have, to include model number? Settings > System > About

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos