Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bergdog
Reel Rookie

Remote successfully controlling volume on av receiver but not power

Jump to solution

I have successfully paired the remote to control my TV and audio off of my receiver.   i can use volume up and volume down, but should I expect the remote to also power the AV receiver off and on?  Firesticks and other boxes do this so I hope I am just missing something silly.

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote successfully controlling volume on av receiver but not power

Jump to solution

@bergdog 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku remotes will not have the functionality of turning on/off or controlling the volume of your AVR.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bergdog 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku remotes will not have the functionality of turning on/off or controlling the volume of your AVR.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bergdog
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yet it does via hdmi cec per the Roku help files.  That wasn’t even my question.  It was related to powering on the receiver.  It powers it off and can control the volume of the receiver but it does not turn it on.   

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Its up to the tv model if it can pass on cec signal while its in standby state as it is when you power it off by remote, some brands of tv do and others do not. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Swanton
Reel Rookie

Re: Tivo remote successfully controls volume and mute on Hisense Roku TV, but not power

Jump to solution

Your answer that it cannot control the power does not make sense.  I paired my Tivo remote to my R6 Series Hisense Roku TV using codes 0091 and 0366.  Both code allow the IR function of the Tivo to control the TV's volume and mute perfectly.  However those codes not generate the correct IR signal to control the TV's power. Please find out what the proper code is that will add that functionality.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Swanton
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

True, there may be TV sets that do not respond to any IR signal to control their power. However, this is not the case here, because the TV's own remote turns it on and off just fine by sending out IR signals.  Hopefully someone finds a code that will work.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Swanton,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. Please check out this support article on why my remote is not controlling power or volume on my TV. You can try the troubleshooting steps listed in that article. If, in any case, it does not work, we highly suggest that you contact the Tivo or Hisense TV customer support team. In this case, your inquiry might be addressed about what code could be used for the remote to control the power of the TV in some other way since the Roku can only generate the following codes mentioned for Tivo here.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos