Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote stops working once the Stick connects to WiFi

I have purchased the Roku Stick+ December 2019. At the beginning it was all good. But few months later out of nowhere the remote started to act weird when we start the device. It will be responsive at the beginning but as soon as the device connects to the WiFi, it will stop working. The volume buttons are the only thing that works. At first i thought it is the device itself and I decided to patiently wait for a software update. But then i downloaded the iOS app and i was able to use it as a remote. 
So, so far seems the problem is with the connectivity between the tv stick and the remote once the WiFi connection is established.  
Any ideas how to fix this? I do not want to use my phone as a remote. 
By the way, i purchased 2 Roku Sticks and the second one is working just fine.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote stops working once the Stick connects to WiFi

@Ppetrov 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provide by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Remote stops working once the Stick connects to WiFi

The Roku Stick+ thats giving troubles does it have the AWR which stands Advanced Wireless Receiver? Its a short cable with hard middle section which gives better wifi and remote responses? It might have gone bad try switching that cable with one that actuallly works?

Edmund
0 Kudos