Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emeyer7

Remote stops working, need to reseat batteries constantly

I have a Streaming stick +, with enhanced remote.  I see this topic has been covered, but do not have a contact to resolve.  My remote stops working after a few hours, at which point I need to reseat my batteries.  It will then work for a few more hours.  Have replaced the batteries with no luck.  I do not have a contact, nor an email address for a ROKU support representative.  Anyone who has had this issue, how did you get it resolved?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote stops working, need to reseat batteries constantly

Hey @Pearly

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps provided in this Support link: How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote. If still no dice, please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back of the stick itself.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Liidab
Reel Rookie

I'm also having this issue. I noticed the lights, when you open the back of the remote is staying on when this happens. It also usually happens when my Roku turns off by itself. I have not found a solution yet, instead of re-seating the batteries myself.

0 Kudos
Liidab
Reel Rookie

As a follow-up, I think this is related the the auto power saving option.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Liidab wrote:

I'm also having this issue. I noticed the lights, when you open the back of the remote is staying on when this happens. It also usually happens when my Roku turns off by itself. I have not found a solution yet, instead of re-seating the batteries myself.

Rokus never turn themselves off; depending on the Roku model and software version, they can just go into a low-power standby mode.

@Liidab wrote:

As a follow-up, I think this is related the the auto power saving option.

I too think it may well relate to the auto power saving option.  If your Roku has a Settings > System > Power menu option,  try going in there and disabling anything in the "Auto power savings" option.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
decee
Reel Rookie

This happened to me this morning. Tv worked last night, nothing today except click when adjusting volume.  Except I have nothing, no picture, sound!  Have tried all the things...TV only 2.5 y o...don't know if I should buy new remote or if that's just a waste of money?

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hey @Pearly

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps provided in this Support link: How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote. If still no dice, please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back of the stick itself.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
decee
Reel Rookie

As stated I have followed all the steps.  Most likely will purchase a TV today, Sony or Samsung.

0 Kudos
Orion50
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue with 5 roku devices, ages from 2017-2020, and varies from a stick to a roku tv. System settings report the remote during failure as having 50-89% charge. Iphone app works fine. Occasionally just letting it sit will revive it, but usually I need to reseat a battery. Is roku looking into this issue?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Orion50

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

As previously mentioned in my post above, we recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps in this link: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working. If the issue persists, please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. 

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bo49

00x400nvkts8 is my serial number.  It stops working after a couple min. Take battery out n put back in, works fine couple min

0 Kudos