Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoeFae
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote stops working even with new batteries.

Jump to solution

Thank you very much, @RokuMary-F!   I really appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Dollar

Jump to solution

Read a lot about batteries. Considered development used Japanese mfg batteries where fine level attributes probably vary from US elements and process. 

I put one Duracell and one Energizer and the remote works perfectly. Essentially I considered this maneuver simple error dampening attributes.

good luck!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-FI too am having issues with our remote that is not working properly. If it will work occasionally, it either has a 5-10 second delay or scrolls like the arrow is stuck. I’m looking to get a replacement. The info on my system is: 

Model#: 3941RW

Serial#: X01600E3ERMA

Thanks

0 Kudos
Prittyflower23
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 
thanks Mary. Problem is not resolved. I have a Roku 4k+ SN: S07P21649ML8 Model: 3941X. When the batteries that came with it died, replacement batteries seem to not be acknowledged by remote. This remote says batteries both face same direction. Brand new batteries do not work. No other Roku remote I have had responded as such. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Prittyflower23 wrote:

@RokuMary-F 
thanks Mary. Problem is not resolved. I have a Roku 4k+ SN: S07P21649ML8 Model: 3941X. When the batteries that came with it died, replacement batteries seem to not be acknowledged by remote. This remote says batteries both face same direction. Brand new batteries do not work. No other Roku remote I have had responded as such. 

Your device, a Roku Express 4K+, came with a Voice Remote. It needs to be paired with the device. If the batteries died, it may have lost its pairing. In that case, have you followed the instructions to pair the Voice Remote to the device?

And, since you have multiple Roku devices, have you tried pairing the "problem" remote to another device? That may determine if it's the remote, or the actual Roku device with the problem.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Prittyflower23
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@DBDukes Thanks for trying to assist but you don’t seem to understand that without a power supply, the remote does not function. Even in trying to pair.

@RokuMary-F

when I put original batteries (batteries that came with roku) back in remote, it works fine but states low battery. When I put replacement standard batteries in, fresh from their new packaging, the remote is non responsive. As if there are no batteries at all. All other roku remotes work fine with this exact same replacement battery

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Prittyflower23 wrote:

@DBDukes Thanks for trying to assist but you don’t seem to understand that without a power supply, the remote does not function. Even in trying to pair.

You are correct that I never picked up that you don't have a power supply. Looking over your posts, nowhere am I seeing that. Perhaps I'm just overlooking it. But, without a power supply, doing anything to the remote is futile. You have to have a power supply to your Roku. Perhaps focus on that and not the remote?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Prittyflower23
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@DBDukes  bahaha I just need to let the @Roku team reply and resolve. The roku device has power via the power cord. The remote’s  only source of power however is battery. Aka the remote no longer has a power supply when it no longer acknowledges batteries. I’ve given all pertinent data to the roku team. 
Remote works fine still to this day with original aka low batteries. Remote DOESNT work with fresh batteries. But every other remote works fine with the exact same fresh batteries. I can’t make it any clearer. Hence the very problem statement IN the subject like of this entire thread. NEW batteries make remote STOP working. And it’s NOT the batteries! They are powering all the other roku remotes in the house. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bingers4all @Prittyflower23

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PoeFae
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuMary-F any chance you have any new word? You mentioned support would contact me but it has been about 2 months and I haven't received any email.

Thank you for your help, Krista

0 Kudos