Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orangejack
Channel Surfer

Remote stops working after few minutes

Installed new 4k stick. Remote works but one I start watching a show the remote won't work. Only solution I've found it to reboot and it works again...for a few minutes. Battery 100%. Volume works but literally nothing else. If I want to pause a show I need to reboot the stick

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

Re: Remote stops working after few minutes

If you just bought it then return it. Does this happen on all channels

0 Kudos
Orangejack
Channel Surfer

Yes so far all channels.  What a pain to get it returned and start over. I wish there was an agent to speak with 

0 Kudos
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

It is like anything you just purchase. If you just bought it then return it. Did you purchase it from a local store? Roku website or Amazon? What is the model number? You can try downloading the Roku Remote Control app for iOS or Android. See how that works.

0 Kudos
Orangejack
Channel Surfer

Got it from Amazon. The app remote works but not the solution I was looking for.

0 Kudos
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

If the app works it proves that the remote is the issue. Not the Roku. Therefore return it to the seller on Amazon. What Roku model number is it? Was it refurbished? Who was the seller?

0 Kudos
Orangejack
Channel Surfer

It is new sold by Amazon.  Roku Streaming Stick 4K 2021 | Streaming Device 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision with Roku Voice Remote and TV Controls

0 Kudos
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

That is only the description you copied and pasted from Amazon. I was asking what the Roku model number is. Something like 3820. You can easily return it to Amazon. 

0 Kudos
Orangejack
Channel Surfer

Then I don't know. It's ultra 4k. Thanks for your help 

0 Kudos
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

The Roku model number is stamped right on the stick itself. It is also in Settings/System/Home. It is also in the description where you bought it off Amazon.

0 Kudos