Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MariaCC
Level 7

Remote stopped working

Has anyone else's remote control stopped working out of the nowhere ? I just bought it a few days ago & we always put it on a shelf we have , remote has not been dropped , we put new batteries in and still doesn't work . It was working for about 2 days after we bought it . I dont understand what is going on . 

8 Replies
AdamCruick
Level 8

Re: Remote stopped working

I have 4 Roku's in my home and have been having remote issues last 2 days. I've now noticed that the units have updated to 10.0.0 on April 15th. I'm assuming the issues are related to this update...

DBDukes
Level 16

@MariaCC wrote:

Has anyone else's remote control stopped working out of the nowhere ? I just bought it a few days ago & we always put it on a shelf we have , remote has not been dropped , we put new batteries in and still doesn't work . It was working for about 2 days after we bought it . I dont understand what is going on . 

What model Roku? What Roku OS? Settings > System > About

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
buiano
Level 7

Hi: I have wasted many hours trying to figure out why my remote (streaming stick + HD HK HDR) has not been working for the past 2 days.

At first I could not raise or lower the volume on my TV. Now it no longer lets me turn on my TV, and I have no access to my Roku to check settings or system updates, etc. One poster mentioned a software update on April 15, and that seems to be when my problems started. I'm glad I checked this community board, as I very reluctantly was about to order a new remote! It would have been nice if Roku emailed it's registered customers that a problem existed, and let us know the fix! Very frustrated with Roku, and very disappointed in their treatment of customers.

DBDukes
Level 16

@buiano wrote:

Hi: I have wasted many hours trying to figure out why my remote (streaming stick + HD HK HDR) has not been working for the past 2 days.

At first I could not raise or lower the volume on my TV. Now it no longer lets me turn on my TV, and I have no access to my Roku to check settings or system updates, etc. One poster mentioned a software update on April 15, and that seems to be when my problems started. I'm glad I checked this community board, as I very reluctantly was about to order a new remote! It would have been nice if Roku emailed it's registered customers that a problem existed, and let us know the fix! Very frustrated with Roku, and very disappointed in their treatment of customers.

Think about what you're asking. You should keep in mind that Roku has millions of devices out there, and that most issues only affect a very small percentage of users. When something impacts a large percentage, they'll post a notice on their Website. They won't sent an email because they often resolve those quickly, and a user getting an email after the problem is resolved is not optimal. 

Would you really want an email every time some user had an issue with a similar device that did not impact you? Probably not.

You're having an issue with your Roku Streaming Stick+ (although you didn't include the model number in your post, it could very well be the same as mine). I'm not having an issue with mine. I'm watching it now, in fact. So why would I want to get an email for something that doesn't impact me? Simply put, I wouldn't.

Now, reverse the situation. My Stick+ has an issue, but yours doesn't. Would you want an email? No.

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
SMNRN
Level 7

Basic Onn TV Remote stopped working

My basic remote for my Onn Roku TV stopped working. Batteries are good. Tried unplugging the tv and turning it back on. No success. My simple remote does not have a reset button, like most of the tutorials. Did the selfie thing and verified that I do have a red signal light when I press buttons on the remote. Any advice?

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Re: Basic Onn TV Remote stopped working

@SMNRN, so you have an IR remote.  It requires a clear line of sight to the front of the TV.  Is anything blocking the front of the TV?  The IR receiver is usually somewhere along the bottom edge of the TV and it's easy to block it with something like a sound bar.  It's also possible for another light source, like sunlight, to interfere with the remote.

MbD1
Level 1

My simple remote stopped working and I did the restart, reset the batteries, change the batteries...Nothing worked. I ordered a new remote and it does not work. I have a model 3930X SNSmiley Frustrated0082970Y7CE. When I power on the TV I get the ROKU start up screen and when I select the ROKU input I get the ROKU home screen. At a loss here. I can stream Netflix via my SONY remote. What to do next??

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @MbD1

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

When you say that the new remote is not working, is your Roku device not responding when you try to navigate on your Roku home screen? You can check some troubleshooting steps here: How do I resolve issues with my Roku simple (IR) remote? Moreover, please tell us more about the issue you're running into. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

We will await your response.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos