Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tagosaku
Reel Rookie

Remote stopped working and new batteries didn't help

Jump to solution

Bought Roku Express about a week ago, working perfectly until it suddenly stopped responding to my remote controller. I changed the batteries, restarted the Roku device, and followed the procedure in the support page with no success. It is model 3930X, SN/S0083226KGEV.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Avaya
Roku Guru

Re: Remote stopped working and new batteries didn't help

Jump to solution

Where did you purchase it from? If you bought it from a local store then return it. Same if you bought it from Amazon or the Roku website. You are within the 30 says so you can just return it. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Tagosaku 

That device came with an IR remote, known as the Roku Simple Remote.

You can test that device with a cell phone camera. Look at the remote through the camera. Press a button. If it's emitting a light when you press a button, the remote is working. If not, the remote isn't working.

Trying other batteries (if one set in a pack is bad, they could all be bad) may be a way to go. Or it may be that the remote is simply bad. If it's new, you may want to return it to the retailer. If you bought it online, start with the Roku: Returns page.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Avaya
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Where did you purchase it from? If you bought it from a local store then return it. Same if you bought it from Amazon or the Roku website. You are within the 30 says so you can just return it. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Tagosaku 

That device came with an IR remote, known as the Roku Simple Remote.

You can test that device with a cell phone camera. Look at the remote through the camera. Press a button. If it's emitting a light when you press a button, the remote is working. If not, the remote isn't working.

Trying other batteries (if one set in a pack is bad, they could all be bad) may be a way to go. Or it may be that the remote is simply bad. If it's new, you may want to return it to the retailer. If you bought it online, start with the Roku: Returns page.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Tagosaku
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll return it to the retailer

0 Kudos
Avaya
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Tagosaku  Where did your purchase it from? Walmart? Target? Best Buy?

0 Kudos