Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote stopped working after putting in batteries

Recently, my roku remote stopped working. At first it was just working off and on, sometimes delayed when I hit the buttons. So I checked battery percentage in Roku settings and it said 44%. I thought I might as well change the batteries and I did. Now it won’t work at all. I tried other batteries that I know are new and work in other devices and they didn’t work in the remote either. I tried going to the Pair section in the Roku Settings and it is not paired to any remote and will not pair with my remote no matter how long I hold the pairing button down (no green light). 

I have the 3600x steaming stick. Do I need to just buy a new remote?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote stopped working after putting in batteries

@Lmhisle95 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided in our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If the issue is still unresolved and need a replacement remote for your Roku Streaming Stick (3600), we would recommend the Voice Remote on our Products page here: Streaming Stick Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos