Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esagalyn
Level 7

Remote stopped working, Roku no longer connected

Came home to find my Roku Streaming Stick+ had been accidentally unplugged. When I plugged it back in, the remote was no longer working. Tried changing the batteries and pressing down the pair button, but it just blinked endlessly. Went to my Roku app on my phone and it said my Roku disconnected from the network. Tried resetting router, no luck. Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote stopped working, Roku no longer connected

@esagalyn 

Thanks for the inquiry regarding your remote no longer being paired to your Roku Streaming Stick device.

We would recommend taking a look at our troubleshooting steps on our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Ocaster
Level 7

I had my remote to stop working as well. We got rid of the dish and went with Spectrum TV they have a streaming package and when we signed up he let us know with the Roku you can get the Spectrum App & you can't get it using a Fire Stick which we already had. So 5 Months ago we bought a Roku Streaming Stick Plus. I hooked it up to our Samsung Smart TV it worked good except for some audio issues at times and it would have to be unplugged and plugged back in to get the audio to work. A couple of weeks ago we went close to a week without turning on the TV the Roku was connected too! May 25th we decided to take a day and watch a few movies the Roku loaded the Roku TV screen the word Home was highlighted and I went to choose an app for streaming movies nothing happened I couldn't scroll at all. I used the Roku remote turned the TV off and back on again several times same thing every time so I tried to pair the remote. I did all the steps from the link on this website I checked other sites I spent hours looking for an answer. Nothing worked so I contacted Roku and they sent me a new remote which was out of stock at the time so I just got the new remote June 5th so from May 25th till June 5th I didn't even have the Roku plugged in since we were having to stream using the Samsung TV. On 6/5 I hooked the Roku back up thinking the new remote was going to work. The bouncing Roku comes up then it goes to the Let's get started screen with the option to pick your language after a short time the pair remote screen comes up at this point my remote will have the flashing green light and the Roku stick will have the flashing white light and the two will never pair up together so my Roku is still not working. I've reset my router I connected the Roku to a different TV I unplugged the TV, Roku, Router, & my Sony surround sound system then connected everything back up. At this point I'm out of any idea of what to do other then seeing if the company will replace my Roku Stick & cables since the new remote didn't fix the problem. If I could get the Spectrum App on the Fire Stick I would buy another Fire Stick it's been a 100% trouble free I haven't had any audio issues like with the Roku I don't know how many times we have lost the audio or it would start sounding bad and I have to unplug the power to the Roku stick and plug it back in to get the sound to work and then go back and find the movie and reload it. I was hoping by the title of your post I would find an answer for my problem.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Ocaster 

Thanks for the post.

If you have contacted Support previously to replace your remote, we would recommend continuing to work with them for further guidance with your issue as they would be best able to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos