Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Twmmtate
Level 8

Remote sensor not working

Jump to solution

I've only had this tv for a month,  the remote is transmitting,  I've tested it,  the sensor on the tv seems like it's not working.  If I unplug the tv for awhile it will work for a short time then the red led light will flicker and go out. Now unplugging it is not helpful.  It's a Hisense Roku tv Model 32H4030F1 any ideas? The store wouldn't replace it.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution
6 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Remote sensor not working

Jump to solution

You can purchase a WiFi remote, then pair it to TV, it doesn't use IR senor. They're sold at Walmart, Best buy, and on-line at Amazon.

Edmund
Twmmtate
Level 8

Jump to solution

I don't have wifi. I live out in the middle of nowhere so I normally use my hotspot through my phone to connect to the net but the roku app won't let me do it that way,  Thank you for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

No, its wifi-direct, you don't need wifi at all in your house and it will still work. Its a form of RF, so the signal goes through walls. Its remote communicating directly with roku tv.

Edmund
Twmmtate
Level 8

Jump to solution

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but, I was looking online at Walmart  and there are so many remotes I dont know what I need, I'm not tech savvy sorry 

0 Kudos
Twmmtate
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help, it's greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos