Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote responsiveness in Roku OS 9.4.0

Jump to solution

My remote has frequently become unresponsive in app since this update on my stick+. The only way to remedy it has been to power cycle the stick. It does not take long before the freezing reoccurs. It is worse in the youtube app but it happens in others as well.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote responsiveness in Roku OS 9.4.0

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and information.

We believe we have identified the issue and expect this issue to be resolved in a future update.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and information.

We believe we have identified the issue and expect this issue to be resolved in a future update.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
74 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue.  I've found that holding the remote within about 6 inches of the stick+ gets a response, but move away from stick+ and the remote stops working--except for TV volume and power.  The remote has fresh batteries, has been paired and re-paired multiple times, the stick+ has been rebooted several times as well as a factory reset.  Prior to this update, the remote worked without issue.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@snowman386 @BPK 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue described above. It occurs in the home screen as well as the streaming apps. Remote works, but is laggy when right next to the stick. Move 12 inches away and doses not work. Tried new batteries, pairing, power cycling -all multiple times. 
3810X    9.4 build 4174-50

SN:  YH00GK307741
ID:    C137CG307741

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Device model:  3810R  Streaming Stick+

Serial #  YH005F504125

Device ID:  C237A5504125

Software:  9.4.0  build 4170-50

Issue occurs on home screen & screen saver as well as apps.  YouTube TV:  vers 1.0, build 93000037; Netflix: vers 5.0, build 98079400;  Prime Video: vers 11.4, build 2020092816

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Tookding @BPK 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with Stream Stick plus 4k.  No Airplay 2 either. Very annoying.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I see several users are having this issue, as am I. My remote was working fine before the last update. Now the only buttons that work are the TV volume and power. I have to use the Roku mobile app which is annoying when I have to use the Roku remote for power and volume but my phone for navigation. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps including changing the batteries. I had this same issue many months ago but one of the updates resolved the issue and it worked fine until recently. Now I am back where I was with nothing working for navigation.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the same issue my remote says it pairs when I have it very close to the stick but it does not work. I have to use the phone app which is super annoying 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have issue with remote needs to pair ever time I turn on my Roku 4k stick ..this started after I updated 

0 Kudos