Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote responsiveness in Roku OS 9.4.0

Jump to solution

@MEGuy 

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Please communicate to management how bad this issue is and how urgent a fix needs to be rolled out.  You will lose customers over this if a fix is not provided quickly.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and information.

We believe we have identified the issue and expect this issue to be resolved in a future update.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'll add to my report that my remote has been working fine now for a couple of days. Maybe just by chance. It went out once the other night but came back after I set it down for a few minutes. It was super unreliable before, constantly going out, would not pair back up... I must have reset 3 or 4 times, and I was swapping batteries, resetting the device with remote batteries removed, remote pairing message would not come up when the device booted. Remote pairing light would just blink forever until I was right in front of the device.

One of the last things I tried was resetting my router, which may have helped. I would suggest others try that.

Also, don't know if it could be relevant, but I am using rechargeable Ni-MH batteries in my remote (before and after the issue started).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Streaming Stick+ Remote only works sometimes and when close to unit

Jump to solution
I bought a Streaming Stick+ in February 2020 and the remote has started losing connectivity and only works sometimes when close to the TV.  Can you see if there is any way to correct this or replace it under warranty?   Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

When can we expect the solution to be pushed as an update and what will be the update number so we know the fix has been applied.  this issue is incredibly annoying so I hope it get fixed quickly!

Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Streaming Stick+ Remote only works sometimes and when close to unit

Jump to solution

Sign into your roku account.  Go to support.  Then setup and Troubleshooting.  Scroll to the bottom of the page and select agent support "check support options"  select questions about returning my device.

I did this with a defective streaming stick plus and it was replaced free.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Remote only controls volume and on/off

Jump to solution

I am having this same problem and it's been for the last week. Every time I pair the remote it only works temporarily. Is there a more permanent solution? Maybe replacing the remote?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

The issue seems to have been fixed.  When the problem started I was running 9.4.0 Build 4174-50.  I am now running Build 4176-50.  I had to do a reboot of the ROKU yesterday for some network issues I was having.  When it started up, the remote automatically re-paired.  It's been running fine for two days now.  Hopefully a quick reboot and pairing of your remote will be all anyone needs to do.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Ive been on 4176-50 and its happened 3 times on that build...  I don't think that is the resolution.