Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigmike349
Level 8

Re: Remote responsiveness in Roku OS 9.4.0

Jump to solution

I'm having a similar issue that started a day or 2 ago.  remote mostly works just a few feet from the roku stick, not back by my couch.  If I walk back slowly while continuing to press buttons I have gotten it to work.  this is on the home screen and apps.  I have tried re-booting the roku and replacing the batteries but neither helps.  I'm still able to use the remote to turn the tv on and off from anywhere and raise/lower the volume on my soundbar, even when the other functions aren't working.  

Roku device model:  3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+
serial number:  YH0026077442
device ID:  C13922077442
software OS/version:  9.4.0 build 4176-50

watergremlin0
Level 7

Re: My remote constantly stops working!!!!!!

Jump to solution

Based on threads on here and reddit. It seems like there is an issue with the latest firmware. However Roku hasnt come out and confirmed this yet

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@OldGnu72 @mdubarry20 @jruss123 @bigmike349 @Milam98 

Thanks for providing us with the requested information.

I have passed your information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MEGuy
Level 8

Jump to solution

I’m also having this same exact problem since 9.4. Roku streaming stick +. Please put out a patch ASAP

MeIamme123
Level 7

Re: My remote constantly stops working!!!!!!

Jump to solution

Mine too and I am super frustrated ... the volume always works... but all the sudden no other buttons work.  Obvious to me that this is a design flaw as too many people have the exact same issue and I will not "buy" a new remote and I am sick of wasting my time unplugging/pairing this junk. How about you give me what i paid for---> equipment that works!! B()!!s$&t

Areaman
Level 7

Jump to solution

SAME ISSUE! Been driving me mad. I have 1 streaming stick+ that updated 9.4.0 and 2 that have the update pending. Only the one that's updated has the remote issue and only since the update. Fortunately the mobile app remote still works.

The remote will randomly go out, usually while video is streaming, doesn't seem to matter what app/channel is on. It may come back by itself after some period of time. When trying to re-pair the remote it will not pair, as if out of range, even after reset. Having the remote within a foot or so of the device seems to help.

3810X, Roku Streaming Stick+, 9.4.0, Build 4176-50

JJJamie
Level 7

Remote constantly stops working

Jump to solution

Add me to the list of remotes not working. We’re new to roku since 9/24 and this is a terrible first impression. We have to constantly unplug the roku, pair the remote and stand right next to the device in order for the remote to work. Has there been any resolution or new updates to help this?

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MEGuy 

Thanks for the post.

As my previous post stated, can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-summary of the issue you are experiencing
-when did you start see this issue occur?

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Areaman 

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MEGuy
Level 8

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R Please see my information below but Roku has received a lot of examples and a Reddit is full of the same complaints. Isn’t it time to pull 9.4 or offer rollback options or an update with a fix?  This is a pretty substantial screw up on Rokus part and every day that goes by gets more frustrating. 

3810x Roku Streaming Stick +
YH00EC705458
device id 21305E705458
9.4.0 build 4176-50

The remote becomes unresponsive and the stick has to be power cycled with the remote held next to it to repair.  This started within 24 hours of upgrading to 9.4 and has happened multiple times