Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Remote responsiveness in Roku OS 9.4.0 build 4176-55

Jump to solution

The remote was working fine and the update from 10/22/2020 has now cause the remote not to be able to control the volume up, when you press the volume up it mutes the TV volume. 

When the 4-way select button is pressed right arrow, it jumps to several screens ahead.

When you press the pairing button, it turns off the TV

I followed all the recommendations to reset & repair the remote. Problem is still there.

Model 3800X RST

Ser# YF00CL628553

software 9.4.0 build 4176-55

ID CT389C628553

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote responsiveness in Roku OS 9.4.0

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As my previous post stated, can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote responsiveness in Roku OS 9.4.0 build 4176-55

Jump to solution

@aller 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed your information along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Model 3810X streaming  stick +
serial YH00GW829708
device id c137ag829708
Software 9.4.0 build 4176-50

EDIT: Mine has resolved at the moment.  I unplugged the stick and the power before pairing the remote again and it seems ok for now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

add me to the list of people having problems:

Model 3810X
Serial #: YH00D0161052
ID: C138DD161052
SW: 9.4.0 build 4176-50

Does not seem to be associated with any channel. Occurs randomly. Stopped working at night, was working fine the next morning. Worked for a few minutes at lunch, then stopped working. I switch to the iPhone remote app which works. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Model: 3810RW - Roku Streaming Stick+
Serial Number: YHOOEX782873
Device ID: C2397E782873
Software OS/Version: 9.4.0 - build 4176-50

No specific channel-it behaves the same on any channel

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

My remote constantly stops working!!!!!!

Jump to solution

My remote constantly stops working. I have tried restarting the remote and device, and I have tried repairing the remote. Neither resolves the issue.

Sometimes the remote will work if I stand near the device/TV for a few seconds but the moment I step away from the TV it stops working again. So I have to get up and stand next to the TV again, for it to work for a couple of clicks and then for it to stop working again. Also, my volume and power works fine. I have no problem adjusting my volume and turning my tv on and off, which is strange.

This is extremely frustrating, the trouble shooting posted on your site does not work, there is no live chat feature on your site, and no live person to reach on the phone. I have noticed numerous posts regarding the same issue but Roku has not come up with any resolution.

I previously made a post and shortly after there was numerous people responding to my post saying they were having the same issue. Finally, someone named Danny responded and stated for me to say what my specific problem was so he could help resolve. I am not sure how many ways I can say (me along with countless others) that my remote is not working??? Please advise, if I do not receive a solution for this issue this week, I am moving on from Roku and will find another brand.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku remote and app not changing channel

Jump to solution

Same problem - my Roku anywhere remote will communicate with my TV (on/off, volume, mute) but not the streaming stick. Over several days but it seems to come and go. 
I did the remove batteries/reset streaming stick/add back batteries/pairing button (and it blinks). Wonder if it’s connected to wrong network or trying to talk to Roku in the other room. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue, and channel does not matter.  I can pair the remote, it will work for maybe 10-20 minutes, then it stops responding.  

3810X
Serial Number YH008M023678
Device ID C138A8023678

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku remote constantly stops working, even with fresh batteries

Jump to solution

Mod# 3800RW
SER# VF001N925004
Dev ID: CU3811925004
Software: 9.4.0. Build 4176-55

My cell phone app works perfectly  every time, BUT I do NOT want to use it all the time!

The remote will work for a minute and suddenly stops. You have to then literally put it against the device to get it to work for another minute. The volume and power button work fine.  New batteries don’t help. This has been going on for a couple of months now.

I’ve rebooted the device and repaired the remote MANY times, to no avail.

I purchased another Roku remote and it does exactly the same thing. The problem is definitely a with communication in these ’work anywhere’ remotes.

With these kind of results, I probably won’t buy another Roku device nor recommend it to anyone.

Thanks in advance for your help.

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos