Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote receiver

Roku was working fine last night. This morning it is going haywire and none of the online help working., Changed the batteries. checked remote infrared with the camera and working,  The station selection page would continue to roll when the remote button was pressed. Unplugged the receiver for several seconds, but still the same problem when it rebooted. After several additional minutes trying I reset the receiver. Now the problem is that the icon moves across the when remote is pressed once. It won't allow me to enter the system password. I did note that the light on the receiver flashed even en the remote button was not pressed and the sound that indicates entree sounded. I don't want to purchase a new remote if the receiver is bad and can't reach a live customer service representative. the system is approximately three months old.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Remote receiver

Check the room for other remotes in a cushion, under a book, or stuck button? Sounds like IR interference. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

thanks. Did that and no luck. Could the receiver be bad?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Another possibility for spurious input: anybody in your household using a Roku app on their cellphone?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

After going out and  it is doing getting another system the same thing so something might be wrong with the app but I don't know how to delete the app so I can reinstall

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

there is a Raku TV in another room but has never bothered this TV

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

What I was trying to say is that I went out and purchased another system and it did the same thing as the first system. It won't let me sign into the router. The cursor continues to be erratic and won't stop on the letters I need to sign in.  Someone told me to delete the app and reinstall, but when looking on the tv app there is no Ruko listed. 

0 Kudos