Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Punknetr100
Reel Rookie

Remote quit connection until plugged into charger for 1-2 seconds even when full charge

I have a Roku Voice Remote Pro I purchased on 7/30/21 and for the last week or so, it acts like it is completely dead and does nothing. I plug it into a charger for 1-2 seconds and unplug it.  Then it works normally and shows that is is charges.  This happened last night and the charge showed 75% after I plugged it in then immediately unplugged it.

There has to be something wrong with it.

5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote quit connection until plugged into charger for 1-2 seconds even when full charge

Hi @Punknetr100

Thanks for reaching out!

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps available in this Support link: How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Punknetr100
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote quit connection until plugged into charger for 1-2 seconds even when full charge

I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps and nothing has changed.

What now?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Punknetr100

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MikeyMetalhead
Reel Rookie

Same issue here

tried 3 remotes and all need to be plugged in to work on this particular Roku ultra

ive tried all trouble shooting to no avail, does not appear to be fault of remote

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Looknow12 @MikeyMetalhead

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos