Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WCK

Remote power and volume working with vizio tv

Just bought the roku streaming stick 4k. When I try to configure the remote to control my vizio tv to control the power/volume it does not recognize vizio as a tv option 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Remote power and volume working with vizio tv

When you setup your Roku it asks you several questions. One of those says “Do you hear the music? Did the music stop?” Did you complete that step? 

https://support.roku.com/article/4406543606551

0 Kudos
SVCrone

I also am having this problem.  I've had a Roku stick on my Vizio for several years, but I wanted the mute feature, so I bought a Streaming Stick+.

I've tried 6 times to pair it. I've checked out the website. I've done what was suggested.

The problem is, the volume-down button won't work. Then,when you complete the setup process, NONE of the buttons work, and I have to unplug the Roku stick,take the batteries out of the remote,and start all over. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@SVCrone, @WCK --

Some people with problems setting their Voice Remotes up to control their TV functions have reported success by connecting to an alternate network, like a phone's wifi hotspot for instance, and configuring the remote for the tv while on this alternate network.  Once set up, they could then connect back to their normal network.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
vicky68
Reel Rookie

yes and still didn't work

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@vicky68

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
vicky68
Reel Rookie

I bought my Roku in August and it worked a month fine (power and volume on Roku remote) now it just stopped working.  I am now using the TV remote for on/off and volume.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@vicky68

Thanks for the reply.

Please provide here the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected remote. This can be found in the Settings menu by navigating Settings > System > About. We'll be able to further assist you from there. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos