Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote pinging won’t stop

@BryWes03

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? In addition, please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thesushil
Channel Surfer

I'm having the same issue. What was the fix?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@thesushil

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Violetsky

I went to ping my remote because I couldn’t find it.  Found the remote works fine BUT about every 30 seconds it peeps again like it’s still lost really loud too.
Are you going to post the instructions on how to unping it or do we keep trying different things because it sounds like we are all having the exact same problem. So instructions on how to make it stop beeping once remote is found would be great!

Thank you,

thesushil
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuDanny-R ,

I am not sure what "new" specifics  you need from me. This post is filled with all the specifics.

Basically somehow my remote is ringing all the time, as if it is lost. The tv screen shows pinging all the time. Only way I can stop the remote ringing is to take the batteries out. I tried resetting, pairing again, nothing helped, just like everyone else here.

At least acknowledge if there was a software update that created this issue and we will wait for the fix.

Looking forward for your instruction for a fix.

Thank you,
Sushil

WhelanBeer

Same problem here. Several weeks now. I’ll send you a DM tomorrow, Danny. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Have you tried turning the power off both to your Roku device and the Router for a bit?  Possibility that the remote is just experiencing a wi-fi interference quirk.  Powering down both or even restarting both should both disrupt and then refresh the connection. (Assuming here that that the Remote Finder Feature is using the RF capability of the remote).   Just a thought.  (I haven't experienced this issue yet with the continuous/random pinging after using the Lost Remote finder.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
thesushil
Channel Surfer

I did try turning off both Roku and my router. It didn't help. I even did factory reset of my Roku. Even after reset, the Roku says something like"can't ping remote unless it's paired first". That makes me think, the problem is in the Roku box, not the remote. Also the problem is at the root level, that even survives a factory reset.

I've been using Roku for over 10 years. I never had any issue. When I do now, I'm baffled by the irresponsibility and complete apathy of Roku.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@thesushil 

I agree the issue is with the device or the Roku OS triggering the Find My Remote (FMR) feature.  Remote is only being used to play the audio alert through the remote's speaker.  I doubt changing or using another remote as @rlrjupiter indicated in his post.  If me, I would eliminate network interference as a cause for this trigger (nearby devices, changing router channel selection, etc.).  Next i would move to the unit and wiggle and press the heck out of the manual FMR button on the Ultra unit.  Maybe something just a little wonky/stuck inside making the intermittent connection/"call to find" the remote.  Or it may just be a device issue/failure.

If you have provided your details to @RokuDanny-R, I am sure the techs are looking into a possible remedy if available/possible.  I have seen postings that this occured to users before the update, so could be a lingering bug in the OS on certain "lucky" devices, or could just be a defective device.

Good luck, hopefully there will be an update on this soon.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @thesushil,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are having an issue with your Remote finder, is that correct? 

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos