Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thesushil
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote pinging won’t stop

Thank you for willing to help.

Actually my issue is resolved miraculously. I took out the Roku box and toss it in the basement yesterday and when I tried again today, the pinging is gone!!! So happy to see the normal Roku working.

My guess is maybe the remote finder button "+" on the Roku box was stuck and it came back up overnight. Also I place my Roku box vertically, not sure if that could cause the button to stuck.

I will post here if it happens again.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Good to hear up and running again and appreciate your posting back.  For clarity, is your Ultra now back at the original location where you initially had problem, or did you move the Ultra to the basement?  Did you physically  "toss" it into the basement or simply "relocate" it to the basement? 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
thesushil
Channel Surfer

I did physically toss it in the basement in annoyance. Now it's back to the original position by the tv in the same way it was before.

rlrjupiter
Binge Watcher

Can't help but think this might be a cold solder issue with the base button.  I moved my unit from one side of tv to the other and that is about the time it started pinging remote.   Living in Florida with big temperature and humidity changes or tossing the unit into a basement (not in Florida) might explain a physical solder joint issue or malfunctioning button on base.

0 Kudos
rlrjupiter
Binge Watcher

I didn't toss the unit around, but did lift it up an inch and dropped it back in place.   I had to reset unit via system menu to get audio back, but there has not been a "find my remote" ping since.   24hr later and still good.  Starting to think this is not software but a hardware issue.   Time will tell, but its wonderful to not hear the constant pings for remote.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@rlrjupiter 

Seems very likely it was an intermittent contact of the manual FMR button on both yours and @thesushil devices.  Hopefully now fully resolved for the both of you.  At least now you know what to try...just a little whack now and then if it returns.  I kind of suggested just pressing and wiggling the FMR button, but if it needed to be launched down a flight of stairs or dropped from an inch or so, then so be it...whatever works. Smiley Happy

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
rlrjupiter
Binge Watcher

If it takes a whack to make it work, then it's time for another device.  Not a valid solution.   Roku should replace our devices.   Hopefully support won't delete my post like they did with my original problem notice.

0 Kudos
Rnewberger

Im having the same problem

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Rnewberger

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
htimsda

I have a Roku TV and have the same problem. I used my android phone app to initiate finding the remote. Now it won't ever stop pinging.

[edit]

Rebooting the TV fixed the problem.