Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote pinging won’t stop

I pinged my Roku remote because kid like to hide things, and now it will not stop playing the sound once a minute. How do I get it to stop for good?

0 Kudos
90 REPLIES 90
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Remote pinging won’t stop

Press the OK button?

Try taking the batterys out for a minute.

Is the button on the Roku stuck down?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos

Tried all of the above even restated the unit itself and it still pings every minute 

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

When you say pinging your remote I'm assuming you mean the "Find remote" sounds.

Are you sure the button on the Roku isnt jammed down??? press it a few times.

Settings/remotes & devices/Remotes/remote>> play with these settings like change the sound a few times..

What happens when you take the batterys out ... you should need to re- PAIR.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
lappledes

I tried to re-pair my remote in hopes of getting the remote finder signal to stop.  Nothing works.  After 60 seconds it begins the remote finder signal again.  I press any key, it stops.  Then 60 seconds later is starts again.  How to stop it?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@lappledes

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeparu

I am having the same problem. Roku 4k ultra setup. About a half hour into a show it pings like it's searching for the remote for about 1 ping per second for a minute or longer. It's not normal to need the remote in the middle in the show so I don't know why the Roku is prompting me to find it or hit a button to actually disrupt the show. I have two ultras bought at the same time, the other doesn't do this. Can you help me too?

Thanks, Jenny

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jeparu

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Xtremerayz

I am having the same issue. The find remote feature won't stop. I have removed batteries and unplugged the device too. 

0 Kudos
BryWes03

also having this issue

0 Kudos