Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote personal shortcut button issue

Until this morning when I push the personal shortcut button to launch the weather channel app, it actually launched the weather channel app.  However this morning the button program for the weather channel started launching something called the News Zone.  When I tried to use the voice command to open the weather channel app, it opens the news zone.

This is amazingly annoying. What did Roku do overnight to screw this up?  Can anybody else launch the weather channel app using the voice command on the Roku remote? Or does it take you to the News Zone.?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Remote personal shortcut button issue

Yes, it takes me to the News Zone too. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for verifying.   I hope Roku fixes this soon.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@kg2071 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

-Roku device model: Roku Ultra 4670x
-serial number: YJOOE9119468
-device ID: KWA05E119468
-software OS/version: 9.3.0 Build 4194-46

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? Using microphone to launch The Weather Channel App (version 2.2, build 0).

To reproduce: press and hold microphone button.  say "launch the weather channel app".  Roku launches the "News Zone".  

This worked correctly, that is, the Weather Channel App was launched by voice command up until yesterday morning.

Other Roku User was able to reproduce, so I don't think this is a single device issue.  Perhaps someone coded the term "weather" to equate to the "News Zone".  

-tracker ID: 68-404-630

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same here. Just changed in last day or two. Can reprogram 1 or 2 to launch anything but Weather Channel App. Voice commands launches The News Zone if I say Weather channel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@kg2071 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos