Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abstract88
Level 7

Remote pairing on vacation

I brought my Roku on vacation and now my remote won’t pair. I did the hard reset and it’s still not working. I put in fresh batteries. Remote just flashes green. I have Roku streaming stick plus with enhanced remote. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote pairing on vacation

@Abstract88 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For troubleshooting steps regarding pairing your enhanced remote, visit our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please be aware that if you using the Hotel & Dorm connect feature to connect your device while not at home, your device will need to be first activated. If you have factory reset your device, you will need to activate your device using an alternate wireless connection, such as a mobile hotspot to setup your device. Once the device is set up again, you can then use the Hotel & Dorm connect feature.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Abstract88
Level 7

I tried those articles and it still won't work. I even bought a new roku and tried the enhanced remote that came with the new one with my roku. I'm guessing it has something to do with looking for the old network? I did a factory reset and it still will not connect to either remotes. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Abstract88 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos