Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote only controls volume and on/off

I bought a Streaming Stick+ 5 weeks ago. Everything worked fine until a few days ago. I was watching the Roku channel and clicked to return to the home page and could not.  The remote now controls only the volume and on/off functions. When I turn it off and on it returns to the Roku channel and I can control nothing else. What next?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Remote only controls volume and on/off

Sorry but it sounds like stick+ needs to be factory reset. With it powered up, press the reset button on the stick+ itself. When it come out rebooting it will have to paired to remote again. So when roku is bouncing start pressing the pairing button in the battery compartment of the remote. When roku stops bouncing, release the remote and starting pressing it again right away until you get confirmation its paired. Set the language, wifi network, now you should have link code to enter into email address.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm now having the same problem and the reset has not fixed anything. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@etaylor23 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What troubleshooting steps have you done to try to resolve the issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem. Power and volume working. Nothing else. Tried to reset it to my tv and it won’t pop up on the tv to pair. Took batteries out and unplugged Roku. Didn’t work either. Model RC-AL2

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Got it to pop up on my tv screen to pair finally. Working now. 

0 Kudos