Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KrisM
Level 9

Remote occasionally just stops working - 4630X

Thought I'd post about this. I can be using the remote just fine (generally using left and right arrows and OK while perhaps cruising youtube or some such) and all of a sudden it just stops working. I take out both batteries for a few seconds, pop them back in and than remote works fine. Batteries are fine - I get a warning message if they're not. Wondering why and if there's anything I can do. Thanks! ( I looked for a number on the remote but don't see one. It's the one that came with my 4630X.)(edit: remote has pairing button, offset to the right, looking from end, with lid off)(edit: this may happen once every week or 2.)

Roku 4662X(4662RW), retired: Roku 4630X.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote occasionally just stops working - 4630X

Perhaps the battery contacts in the remote are dirty. Try removing the batteries and cleaning the contacts in the remote with a pencil eraser.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
KrisM
Level 9

Thanks, I'll try that though I have found in the past that if i take out one battery, replace it, take out the other battery and replace it that it does not fix the problem - instead i have to remove both batteries - ie remove power from the remote, then put the batteries back in for it to work. Also spinning the batteries in places does nothing.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@KrisM wrote:

Thanks, I'll try that though I have found in the past that if i take out one battery, replace it, take out the other battery and replace it that it does not fix the problem - instead i have to remove both batteries - ie remove power from the remote, then put the batteries back in for it to work. Also spinning the batteries in places does nothing.

Makes the dirty contacts cause sound unlikely.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
KrisM
Level 9

I agree. Something else.......

0 Kudos
cbarbagallo
Level 9

0 Kudos
wkling
Level 8

Have you gotten a solution?  I have the Ultra 4670R, purchased and started using 5 days ago (4/03/20, today is 4/08/20).  No problem until the 2nd day.  I had been using headphones with it when the remote just stopped working.  Based on comments I thought I'd drained the batteries so replaced them.  NOPE, the remote stops working approximately every 1-2 hours.  When I remove and replace the batteries it will work for another 1-2 hours.  Once the batteries are reset the little battery display on the upper right of the screen shows them at good strength/charge.

I'm curious what the solution is.

0 Kudos
KrisM
Level 9

No.

Side note: just removing both batteries and then putting them back in would reset mine.

Oddly I haven't experienced the prob since I wrote this. In that time I changed my TV and my BR player. I wonder if it has anything to do with CEC

0 Kudos