Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KrisM
Level 7

Remote occasionally just stops working - 4630X

Thought I'd post about this. I can be using the remote just fine (generally using left and right arrows and OK while perhaps cruising youtube or some such) and all of a sudden it just stops working. I take out both batteries for a few seconds, pop them back in and than remote works fine. Batteries are fine - I get a warning message if they're not. Wondering why and if there's anything I can do. Thanks! ( I looked for a number on the remote but don't see one. It's the one that came with my 4630X.)(edit: remote has pairing button, offset to the right, looking from end, with lid off)(edit: this may happen once every week or 2.)

Roku 4630X.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Remote occasionally just stops working - 4630X

Perhaps the battery contacts in the remote are dirty. Try removing the batteries and cleaning the contacts in the remote with a pencil eraser.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
KrisM
Level 7

Thanks, I'll try that though I have found in the past that if i take out one battery, replace it, take out the other battery and replace it that it does not fix the problem - instead i have to remove both batteries - ie remove power from the remote, then put the batteries back in for it to work. Also spinning the batteries in places does nothing.

Roku 4630X.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

@KrisM wrote:

Thanks, I'll try that though I have found in the past that if i take out one battery, replace it, take out the other battery and replace it that it does not fix the problem - instead i have to remove both batteries - ie remove power from the remote, then put the batteries back in for it to work. Also spinning the batteries in places does nothing.

Makes the dirty contacts cause sound unlikely.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
KrisM
Level 7

I agree. Something else.......

Roku 4630X.
0 Kudos
cbarbagallo
Level 9

0 Kudos
wkling
Level 8

Have you gotten a solution?  I have the Ultra 4670R, purchased and started using 5 days ago (4/03/20, today is 4/08/20).  No problem until the 2nd day.  I had been using headphones with it when the remote just stopped working.  Based on comments I thought I'd drained the batteries so replaced them.  NOPE, the remote stops working approximately every 1-2 hours.  When I remove and replace the batteries it will work for another 1-2 hours.  Once the batteries are reset the little battery display on the upper right of the screen shows them at good strength/charge.

I'm curious what the solution is.

0 Kudos
KrisM
Level 7

No.

Side note: just removing both batteries and then putting them back in would reset mine.

Oddly I haven't experienced the prob since I wrote this. In that time I changed my TV and my BR player. I wonder if it has anything to do with CEC

Roku 4630X.
0 Kudos