Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thhammersley
Level 7

Remote not working

Hi Danny - I'm unable to PM you as the system tells me I've reached my PM limit to you - we've only exchanged one email between us so far - ?!

Yes, we've tried all of the troubleshooting steps offered on Roku's Support page:

How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

The remote still is not working/pairing up, and I don't think buying a new remote will solve the problem either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tami

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Remote not working

While waiting for Danny to reply: what model Roku device do you have? Not all devices support WiFi Direct remotes, and can only be used with an IR remote. Therefore you cannot pair such a remote to an unsupported device.

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote not working

@thhammersley 

Thanks for the post.

I have sent you a PM to see if you are able to provide me with your information through PM.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos