Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote not working

My roku express remote randomly stopped working with my tv. i’ve changed the batteries and nothing will work on my remote. only my remote that powers the tv and volume is working. i cannot use my roku. please help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Remote not working

Point the remote at your cell phone camera and see if you can see a flash through the camera when you press a button on the remote.  If not, the remote is bad.  You can try to use the Roku app on your phone as a remote or buy a cheap universal remote that states that it supports Roku.

Highlighted
Level 7

I just checked and there is a flash coming from the remote, but I changed the batteries to the same triple a, and no buttons are still working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@julesgorgone 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are you unable to use the remote with your Roku device or is the Roku remote no longer able to control your TV?

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here: 
How do I resolve problems with my Roku IR (infrared) remote?
Can I control my TV with the remote for my Roku® streaming player?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos