Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote not working when the TV is turned on

I'm not able to get the living room remote to move. The TV was working fine last night. I put in new batteries. I can't even sign off. What could be wrong?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Remote not working when the TV is turned on

Can you please provide more information. Such as is this a Roku TV or a Roku device? What is the model number? And what do you mean by signing off there is no signing off?

0 Kudos

This is a Roku device that plugs into a modem powered by Xfinity and to the back of the TV. The Roku device is 3810x. What happens is the TV will start up, show my TV logo, load Roku home screen. Now is when the remote won't work; no up-down buttons work. no side button works. The home button on the remote won't turn the TV off.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Do you have the original USB cable with bump on the middle? That is a the long range wireless receiver, the only thing the remote communicates with, without it no remote or internet. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@124rreimann  The Roku 3810 Streaming Stick uses a long range adapter cable to work. That cable is to boost your WiFi signal. It also is how your remote works. It that cable is faulty your remote will not work. Unfortunately the cable is $20 and out of stock. Your only choice is to purchase a new Roku device.

Another option you can try is to download the Roku Remote Control app to your smartphone. Be sure it’s the official app made by Roku. Once you sign into the app you can control your Roku. You won’t be able to turn the tv on or off though so use your TV remote for that. If you can control your Roku using the app on your phone that means your Roku is good and the cable is good. The remote is no good. When your on your Roku Home Screen does it show a clock in the top right? Or not connected?

The home button on the remote doesn’t turn off your TV. The power button does

0 Kudos