Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote not working; how to connect to WiFi without reMote

Jump to solution

My Roku remote that came with the Roku Express, does not work. We’ve tried changing the batteries multiple times, still no help. We have the Roku app which use to allow us to use Roku Express. Unfortunately, we changed internet providers and now are unable to use the Roku Express. We’ve tried connecting manually but you have to know the IP address. 

I’m wanting help and answers on how to connect to my Roku Express WITHOUT the remote and the Roku Express being connected to the internet. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Remote not working; how to connect to WiFi without reMote

Jump to solution

Unfortunately you do need a remote to change Settings.

The good News is they are relatively cheap...Amazon, Roku, Best But, EBay.....

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Unfortunately you do need a remote to change Settings.

The good News is they are relatively cheap...Amazon, Roku, Best But, EBay.....

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I need help. I have had this issue 3x my Roku works. Connects just fine. Then it doesn’t I press home button and Roku doesn’t work. I have called internet provider, they have been wonderful. I have taken back one Roku device and gotten another and the same thing happens after a week. Roku doesn’t work when pressing home button.

no customer support.  I Understand vivid  and everything, but no customer support!

all I want to do is watch a ball game 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

If the same thing is happening it appears to me it isnt the Roku's at all.

Perhaps if you just use the Roku App on your phone that will work better.

Did you check the batterys in the remote???? do you leave headphones plugged in????

0 Kudos