Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote not working (buttons)

Jump to solution

I need help, my Roku remote is not working properly. The left and up buttons are not working only the right and down. I have tried using the Roku app but it's not connecting to the Roku stick as well. I also triee trouble shooting my interent but still nothing. I even followed the steps to take out batteries and wait for 3-5secs and then waiting for it to start up (which is does) but the remote will not work well because of the buttons. Do i need to buy a new one? Need help! I even put in new batteries as well. Roku Streaming Stick (3600 series) 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote not working (buttons)

Jump to solution

@Bryaneedsaremot 

Thanks for the post.

Have you checked to make sure the buttons are not stuck?

If you are still not able to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@JM92 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny-  I am having the exact same problems with the remote I just purchased.  please direct me in resolving the issue as well.

thanks-Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

My remote was working earlier today and now it just doesn't. Gets to floating cityscape and no further. None of the buttons work. This remote is only a week old. Thanks--Brenda

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@mhouck1006 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Brenda1 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend checking out the remote pairing troubleshooting on our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If those steps still don't resolve your issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem on a brand new Roku Mode 3810X.  The left and up buttons do not work.  I paired the remote with one of our other Rokus and the problem persisted.  So seems like it could be a remote issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Airwolf12 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem that suddenly started last night, continues today. The right scroll button won't work properly. Have to press a couple of times to get it to work, and when it finally does it doesn't stop scrolling. I've tried the device restart/re-pairing numerous times, but so far the problem persists.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@BucketsBrownce 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos