Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mmiller509

Remote not working (buttons)

I bought my remote three months ago.  Now, none of the buttons are working, including the pairing button.  I've followed all instructions several times with resetting, replacing the battery, unplugging the streaming stick, etc.  Please advise. This seems to have been a common problem with my Roku remotes and I don't want to keep buying new ones. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote not working (buttons)

@Mmiller509

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Castbreed

I have the same issue. My Roku remote is not working properly. The left and up buttons are not working only the right and down work. I have reset the Roku system, pair the remote again. I have removed  the batteries and wait for 3-5secs and then it starts up but the remote still does not work. I have also replaced the batteries and problem persist. Please help. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Castbreed

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

Please reply here with the information asked by @RokuDanny-R on the post above so we can further help you out.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

I have a similar issue with my remote. 

My remote will work for 40 mins then wouldn't respond. 

I have to power cicle My Roku4 then it would work for another 40 mins.

I have a roku gaming remote 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jaime_rafael

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried replacing the batteries in the remote to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Please be aware that the Roku 4 is an older device. It's possible that the remote or device may simply be on its way out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Amdun
Reel Rookie

How do you fix issues 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Amdun

I hope you're doing well.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Amdun
Reel Rookie

I was having issues with remot changed batteries restarted and still wouldn’t work. Apparently you have to use generic batteries in remote. I had energizer batteries in. Thanks 

0 Kudos