Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidH1
Level 8

Re: Remote not working (buttons)

Jump to solution

I followed all of the instructions (power in/out several times & batteries in/out several times) and got the remote paired. The problem was still there... right arrow worked, left didn't. In order to move up or down, I had to press the button down hard and hold it for several seconds. Unit is a stream stick, YF005E793774 bought 11/2018. I'd appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Remotes get dirty over time and some buttons stop working.  The only thing to do is to take it apart and clean it or get a new remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DavidH1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for the thought, but this remote doesn't seem to be able to be easily taken apart to clean. I've done what you suggested in the past and it did solve the problem, but this case is glued shut. Also, some buttons work and some don't. The way the buttons are constructed also doesn't seem to lend itself to spraying compressed air to try to clean any dirty connections. As for buying a new one, I'd probably consider a compatible unit if such a thing existed. I wouldn't want to pop for $20 only to have the same problem reoccur. Thanks again for the thought.

0 Kudos
RJ5
Level 7

Jump to solution

Here is the latest from Roku. Makes sense. I am waiting for the HDMI extender to arrive.

Porch, Nov 10, 2020, 22:44 PST:
This may happen because you are restarting the device by unplugging and plugging it back in. Once you power cycled the streaming stick, it will work for some time. Then, because of wireless interference, the remote might lose its connection. As you know, the streaming stick Remote is a wi-fi remote. If there is too much wireless interference, it will unpair the remote from the stick.

The reason to change the wireless channel and HDMI extender are to reduce interference.

0 Kudos
DavidH1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for this. I'm using the extender now, but didn't need it before. My WiFi is running at 5GHz, so that's not the problem. The remote is paired because some buttons work but others don't. That's the weird part. I think the next step is to install the app and use my phone to control the stick. Thanks again for your help and advice. It's appreciated.

0 Kudos
Gerig
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Bryaneedsaremot 

Thanks for the post.

Have you checked to make sure the buttons are not stuck?

If you are still not able to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Just my recall button not working 

0 Kudos
Gerig
Level 7

Jump to solution

[personal information removed]

s/n 2961000208

device id- CT3053201103

0 Kudos
Gerig
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, I checked all my settings. I even restarted setup for my remote. All other buttons work except for the recall button 

0 Kudos
RJ5
Level 7

Jump to solution

Installed Roku free HMDI extender cable, and switched to WiFi Modem Channel 11 as recommended by Roku, and WiFi Analyzer

Since then problem has only occurred 3 times, all with Prime. When switching from a Prime program to Prime main screen I can not chose another Prime program until I get out of Prime to Roku home screen, then back to Prime. 

It has greatly improved Seeing that this is an intermittent problem, continuing to monitor. 

0 Kudos
jsoeds
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. The volume control on the right works but none of the buttons work. Can you help?

0 Kudos