Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote not working (buttons)

Jump to solution

@SummerM 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV? 
Why is my Roku® enhanced remote not controlling volume and power on my TV?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MN1011
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Danny: I am having a similar problem, but I cannot figure out how to PM you.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MN1011 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RJ5
Level 7

Jump to solution

Model 3800R purchased 7/15/20

At times only the on/off button works. I believe It is possible to select the channel. I need to unplug power from unit, wait, then plug in power.. Then the Roku will work. No pattern as to when this will happen. Battery replacement does not help. Although some times if I remove one battery, and reinstall it will help. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@RJ5 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV? 
Why is my Roku® enhanced remote not controlling volume and power on my TV?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RJ5
Level 7

Jump to solution

The only thing that works is to unplug, and plug power cord back. Still not pattern as to when it acts up, but is getting more frequent.

0 Kudos
Mkburgoon
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a streaming stick 3800X

YF004D453421

SW rev 9.3.0 build 4194-55

The remote buttons are not working.  The forward and down are the only buttons working. 
I have re-booted, re-paired and replaced batteries.  This has been an on-going issue without a resolution.

any suggestions?

thx

0 Kudos
RJ5
Level 7

Jump to solution

This the latest from Roku. What puzzles me is why rebooting (unplugging the power, waiting, then plugging it in) the streaming stick resolves the problem, but only temporally.

Porch, Nov 7, 2020, 22:32 PST:
I understand that the power and volume are working but, the other selection is not working. It seems that the remote is frequently getting disconnected from the Roku.

We want to inform you that the power and volume work through the TV HDMI CEC. The other selection on the remote work as a wi-fi remote. It seems to be a wireless interference issue. Please try the steps suggested below and check if it solves your issue: 

• Contact your network provider and change the wireless channel to 1 or 6 or 11 for bandwidth 2.4 GHZ and wireless channel 161 for the bandwidth 5.0GHz.
  • Please order an HDMI extender for free using our website www.roku.com/hdmi. as it will help to reduce the wireless interference. 

If the issue persists, please help us with the following information:
1. How to long it takes for the issue to occur while using Roku?
2. How long have you been facing this issue?
3. Share us a screenshot of the Device ID:

Thank you for choosing Roku.

Regards,
David
Roku Customer Support

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Mkburgoon 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DavidH1
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the same problem... remote for streaming stick intermittent. Left and right buttons work occasionally and up and down less so. Weird.Unit bought in 2018.  I've tried 4 sets of battery replacement with no luck. What do you suggest? I also couldn't figure out how to post a message to you so I'm piggybacking on another person's similar complaint..

0 Kudos