Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason34
Reel Rookie

Remote not working as soon as button pressed the select goes up and thats it

I have changed batteries and other things and it wont turn on the tv but when the tv is on if I press any button on the remote then it starts going up, (the white select thing) I would be very grateful if I could get some help, please and thanks!

I have a onn. roku tv  and remote

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote not working as soon as button pressed the select goes up and thats it

By "white select thing" I assume you mean that you have the Roku Home Screen visible and when you press a button on the remote the select box starts moving.  Does it ever stop moving?

It sounds like the remote is faulty and/or a button is stuck.  You can try plucking at all the buttons to see if you can dislodge one as well as using compressed air to try to blow out around all the buttons.  Onn makes the remote, so you'd have to get one from them.  Your other alternatives are to get a universal remote that supports Roku TVs (and not just Roku devices) or get one of the Roku Voice Remotes.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

Note:  The Roku Simple Remote will not work with your TV.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jason34
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote not working as soon as button pressed the select goes up and thats it

Eventually it stops moving probably after 6-7 seconds

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jason34

Thanks for the post.

It's possible that the remote may be defective.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Onn here: http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2 or at 1-844-334-2355.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV on our Products page.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos