Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote not working after moving Express to a new TV.

trying to move my Roku Express on a new TV (an older LG model).  It started to work and I was setting up the internet connection and it just froze.  I tried a reset and the Setup screen now comes up but the remote will not work and it stays on the select language screen (the remote has new batteries and you can see the inferred signal connecting to the device).

Any ideas?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote not working after moving Express to a new TV.

@fastone1204 

Thanks for the note.

Please make sure that there are no obstructions in front of the device so that the remote has a clear line of sight to your device.

If you are still not able to resolve your issue, please feel free to send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the Roku device serial number.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Remote not working after moving Express to a new TV.

Was this the original express roku remote? Does it have a power button and volume keys along the side? If it does, check for a pairing button in the battery compartment?

Edmund
0 Kudos