Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote not pairing with roku device

I bought a replacement roku remote for my roku express + since my other remote was destroyed in my move. I'm now trying to pair this new remote with my roku express+ and it is not pairing since it is a new wireless network. How do I get this to pair?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Remote not pairing with roku device

To clarify, I have tried resetting the roku to factory settings. I have removed batteries and attempted to reset the remote. I have unplugged the roku and left it unplugged for 10 minutes. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

To clarify your new remote is wifi remote, it has a pairing button in the battery compartment? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes it is 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

First take of battery door set it aside, put in one battery for now and have the other ready. Now unplug the express + from the power for a bit, plug it back in after the roku name stops bouncing put in the other battery and press the pairing button for 3 seconds and release. Just let it communicate with roku, it is alright if the light goes out don't press a thing. Don't do anything until you get big DONE on screen. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Will my roku tv remote work for roku express?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@Sharnice2012 

Sorry, but no. Roku tv's use a completely different IR code set then stand alone roku like the express. 

Edmund
0 Kudos